Regardless of whether you need a key fob, electronic card reader or bio-metric scanner, Manhattan Intercom has the ability to service and install all of these systems.
Regardless of the different types of access control needed, Manhattan Intercom has the technicians and expertise to get you the security ensuring peace of mind. Our systems are backed by the best technology in the business, so you can rest assured that you’re always safe and secure with our systems.
Let’s start a conversation about your access control needs,
call today (212) 203-4380
It is important for businesses of every size to keep important data inside and threats outside. All businesses acknowledge this basic security concern by placing locks on the door and giving keys to employees that need to access these locks. But keying and rekeying your business each time an employee leaves or a key is lost or stolen can be costly and time consuming. Luckily, there is a solution. You may benefit from an access control system if you answer yes to any of these questions.
- Is a lost/stolen key an immediate security threat to your business?
- Do different employees need different access privileges?
- Would it be beneficial to restrict or allow access based on time or day?
- Do I need a record of when someone enters or leaves a door?
- Could my employees and clients be more secure?
“If I could give Manhattan Intercom a thousand stars I would!! From my first call, to the estimate, to quote, to appointment, to installation, I can’t say enough about the experience with this company..”
24/7 Service! 100% Free Quotes
Licensed Bonded Insured Call Now (212) 203-4380
Should You Have Access Controls In Your Home or Business?
The world is a much more dangerous place than it used to be. Home invasions, vandalism, identity theft, and many more such crimes are not common place, making it necessary for the average person to seek new ways to protect their families and possessions. Business owners too need to find ways to protect customer’s details and sensitive information, their possessions, and products. This means you need to have the ability to limit access to your home, or certain parts of your business in order to protect your property, your family, your personal details and the details of others. Having access control installed in your home along with other security measures can help protect anything you feel needs to be protected.
What Are Access Controls?
Access controls is simply a term that covers a variety of methods and products so that only a select few or group of people have access to a given area of your home, business, or computer programming. In the simplest sense a mechanical lock and key is an access control as it only allows access to those who hold the key, and while a sturdy lock should be your first line of protection, today many homeowners and business men are finding that they need far more than a simple lock and key to keep unauthorized people out of their home or areas of their business.
Access Controls are anything that can restrict access. Something as simple as a locking gate or even security guard can be a type of access control and both of these types of access controls are often used in conjunctions with other types of access controls to increase security and provide another layer of protection.
The most common types of access controls are those controls that are used on doors to a building or a room or those used on computers to prevent access to certain files or programs.
Various Types of Access Controls
Here is a look at various types of access controls that are available today.
- Passwords and PIN numbers- Passwords and PINs are common types of access controls that most people are familiar with today. Anyone who has a credit card, does online banking or has a computer have used passwords and PINs and basically know what they do. Only people using the correct password or Pin number can gain access to a computer, their bank account or money, or use their credit card to purchase items.
- Keypads- Keypads are also a pretty easy to recognize type of access control and are used as part of many home and business security systems. With most keypads users simply type in a group of numbers in a set order to gain access to your home, business or a single room. Some apartment buildings use keypads to give selective access to the buildings front door to only people who reside in the apartment building.
- Electronic Key Readers or Fobs- Most electronic key readers are cards that are about the size of a credit card and are usually used in place or in conjunction with a standard door lock. Many hotels and motels use electronic key readers so that their guests can gain access to their own room, the fitness center and indoor pool areas. Fobs normally serve the same purpose as the key reader but are smaller and easily able to fit on your key chain. These types of access controls may either work by the use of a magnetic stripe or have a biometric function.
Biometric Access Controls
Biometric access controls are perhaps one of the best functioning types of access controls available. This is because access is allowed or denied based on individual characteristics that are unique to the person who has been given access to the area or door. Types of biometric access controls include:
- Hand geometry
- Retinal Scan
- Voice Verification
- Facial scan
While most access controls are not completely foolproof they do significantly add security to your home or business and when used in conjunction with other security measures access controls can provide a level of protection beyond most people’s expectations.
How Do I Determine Which Type of Access Controls are Best for my Needs
In most cases, homeowners and business owners are simply not skilled or knowledgeable in regards to access controls and so it is best to get hire a company that is skilled in security and access control installation to help you find the right access control system to meet your needs. The professionals at Manhattan Intercom have the experienced technicians to help you choose the right access controls based on your specific needs, your intended expansion, your security and access needs and your budget.
When you call Manhattan Intercom to help you with access control needs, we will send out a technician to come to your home or place of business and survey the property and your needs and then advise you of which system will be best for you based on your needs and budget.
We will then install your system for you, we are also licensed locksmiths so we can set up your entire system for you without the need of you calling in anyone else to work on the system. We also provide our customers with training on how to use their new access control system correctly and effectively and provide continuing ongoing technical support.
If you are looking for a more efficient way to protect your family, your business, and your possessions while keeping intruders out of your home, or limiting access to sensitive information then having an access control system installed is the best way to improve your security and gain peace mind. Manhattan Intercom has the equipment and the skilled technicians to install your access control system for you. If you are ready to live a more secure life just give us a call at (212) 203-4380 and we will be happy to be of service to you.